SubjectRe: Tracking all signals how to
Yes I have verified that it was the OOM killer. We always get lots of
messages in the conole log when the oom killer starts. This is a very odd
problem as there are no logs showing what is doing the killing.

May I can wrap the kill() systemcall?

Computer Sciences Corporation
Registered Office: 3170 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, Virginia 22042,
USA
Registered in Nevada, USA No: C-489-59

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

delivery.
purpose.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bart Van Assche"
<bart.vanassche@g
mail.com> To
Mahmoud Hanafi/DEF/CSC@CSC
06/13/2008 01:45 cc
AM linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Mahmoud Hanafi <mhanafi@csc.com> wrote:
> We have random nodes experience killing of most daemons( syslog, ssh,
> cron, etc). All these daemons report getting a sigkill or sigterm.
>
> My question.... Is there a way to log all signals and the originator
> pid/proc name.

Did you already have a look in the kernel messages to make sure it's
not an OOM problem ? I do not know of any Linux software that sends
random signals to random processes.

Bart.

  Last update: 2008-06-13 15:31    [W:0.038 / U:1.716 seconds]