SubjectRe: SCSI target subsystem
On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Bart Van Assche
<bart.vanassche@gmail.com> wrote:
> To answer your question: as you noticed, I did not yet contribute any
> code to the SCST project. I'm an iSCSI/iSER/SRP user. I'd like to have
> a SCSI target framework available on Linux that is as fast as
> possible, as reliable as possible, as standards compliant as possible,
> well maintained and for which all kernel code is integrated in the
> mainstream Linux kernel. I'm probably sharing this desire with all
> STGT, IET, SCST and LIO users.

Hello Matthew,

To be complete I should have mentioned that there already exists an
FCoE target implementation for SCST. I'm still learning about FCoE.
What I read about it is that FCoE has more to offer with regard to
storage management than iSCSI/iSER/SRP ?

See also: http://www.open-fcoe.org/openfc/wiki/index.php/Quickstart

Bart.

  Last update: 2008-05-04 17:55    [W:0.069 / U:1.100 seconds]