SubjectRe: Non-working snd-pcsp
Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Wed, 14 May 2008 07:35:19 +0200,
> Roberto Oppedisano wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> Takashi Iwai wrote:
>>
>>> [Changed the subject since it's no real regression]
>>>
>> ACK
>>
>>> Could you run "alsactl -f somefile store" and show that file?
>>> This will contain the full mixer information.
>>>
>> Attached.
>>

> You turned off both "Master Playback Switch" and "PC Speaker Playback
> Switch" of snd-pcsp driver. Then it cannot work.
>
> And, since you loaded the sound driver for on-board sound chip, you'll
> likely have to adjust the mixer of that driver, too. The beep can be
> hooked to the on-board chip once after initialized.

I tried different switch combination with alsamixer, but no still no
sound from the speaker...
(I managed to enable the speaker, following Stas suggestion)

> But I'm wondering why "PC Speaker Playback Switch" and Volume don't
> appear in the on-board driver. Which codec (I suppose it's AC97) on
> it?

yep.

00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)

>>> When snd-pcsp is built, the input pcspkr is excluded. So, the beep
>>> won't work unless snd-pcsp is loaded and activated.
>>>

>> I tried this on 2.6.25 where:
>>
>> roppedisano@poppero1:~$ grep PCSP /boot/config-2.6.25
>> roppedisano@poppero1:~$
>>
>> So, if I'm not missing something, I think it should have worked
>>

> Weird. If CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR isn't there, the box shouldn't beep at
> all. If it still beeps, it must be a bug...
I can confirm that the box doesn't beep.

Kind regards

  Last update: 2008-05-15 22:21    [W:0.052 / U:0.620 seconds]