SubjectRe: HDIO_DRIVE_CMD failed on Dell Latitude D630
Marcelo Laia wrote:
> Dear Kernel Developer,
>
> Apologies for send this message to this list. I previous have sent
> this problem to debian.user.portuguese malling list, after to
> debian.user and, both, I don't receive a help that solve the problem.
>
> Here is the threads:
>
> in portuguese: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user.portuguese/105597
>
> in English: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/322839
>
> Here is a screenshot of the last showed screen before powerdown:
>
> http://www.divshare.com/download/4384152-861
>
> Have you a tip for me?
>
> Thank you very much!

Sounds like a Debian problem, trying to set acoustic management settings
on a DVD drive is not something the init scripts or whatever they are
should be doing. The aborted command error is expected because the drive
doesn't support that command.

What was the actual problem you were seeing?

  Last update: 2008-05-11 07:59    [W:2.432 / U:0.240 seconds]