SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] kmemcheck v7
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

> Determining stack
> boundaries has always been a bit fraught. Typically a stack switch has
> been determined heuristically by looking for a "large" change in stack
> pointer, but there's a callback to specifically mark a range of memory
> as a stack, so that movements into and out of a stack can be determined
> as a switch (added specifically to deal with small densely packed stacks
> in uml).

The valgrind+uml patches added a callback, "I am switching stacks >NOW<."
If possible then it is better to tell an interpreter what is happening,
rather than requiring that the interpreter [try to] figure it out.

--
John Reiser, jreiser@BitWagon.com

  Last update: 2008-05-10 23:39    [W:0.067 / U:0.180 seconds]