SubjectRe: [Regression: 2.6.25-rc5: Blank Screen: Intel 945]
Date
On Tuesday, April 08, 2008 9:56 pm Justin Madru wrote:
> Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > Yeah, seems pretty weird. Given that you see it w/o the fb stuff loaded
> > as well and we still have a few open bugs against the intel X driver
> > regarding VT switch & mode programming, I don't think this is a real
> > kernel regression. It's more likely that some timing or memory layout
> > changed subtly and is causing to to hit one of our existing bugs more
> > frequently that you did before. Can you file a bug against the intel X
> > driver at
> > bugs.freedesktop.org so we can track it there? Unless we can find a way
> > to reproduce it reliably it'll probably take a long time to fix, but we
> > don't want to lose it either...
>
> Well, I'll file a bug on bugs.freedesktop.org, but if you don't think
> it's a kernel regression then I'll wait until the final release of
> 2.6.25 comes out (unless you _really_ need me to file it sooner).

Well, given what we've tested so far, it really doesn't seem like a
framebuffer layer regression nor a DRM regression... I suppose you could try
bisecting, but given that the problem doesn't happen everytime that might
take awhile...

> This is what I have in my config:
> > CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU=y
> > CONFIG_IO_DELAY_NONE=y
>
> By the way is the intel driver that you work on the same that's enabled by:
> > CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=m
> > CONFIG_DRM_I915=m
>
> Or is there another X.org intel driver? And if so how are they
> (agp/drm/X.org) related?

You could try using the X vesa driver instead of the intel driver...

Jesse

  Last update: 2008-04-09 17:29    [W:0.186 / U:0.080 seconds]