SubjectRe: [-mm] Add an owner to the mm_struct (v8)
Paul Menage wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Balbir Singh <balbir@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > How long does the test run for? How many threads does each client have?
>>
>> The test on each client side runs for about 10 seconds. I saw the client create
>> up to 411 threads.
>>

> I'm not convinced that an application that creates 400 threads and
> exits in 10 seconds is particular representative of a high-performance
> application.

I agree, but like I said earlier, this was the easily available ready made
application I found. Do you know of any other highly threaded micro benchmark?

> But I agree that it's an example of something it may be worth trying
> to optimize for.
>
> You mention that you saw tgid exits - what order did the individual
> threads exit in? If we threw the mm to the last thread in the thread
> group rather than the first, would that help?

The order was different each time. I suspect that when we have too many threads
all exiting at once and they are all running in parallel, I don't know if we can
have ordering or predict the order in which threads exit.

--
Warm Regards,
Balbir Singh

  Last update: 2008-04-08 08:57    [W:0.049 / U:0.760 seconds]