Subjectkernel thread does not wakeup
Hi,
I am having a driver during initialisation i create a thread using
kthread_run.
As soon as the initialisation function is complete. I start getting
interrupts.

The kernel thread waits on a struct completion using
wait_for_completion_interruptib
le function.
Whenever an interrupt arrives i call the function complete to
wakeup the thread.
For somereason the kernel thread does not awake.
I have put some debug prints to see if the address struct
completion is the same.
It gives the address to be same.

I dont know why the kernel thread does not wakeup.

Is there any restriction of using kernel threads during the linux
kernel bootup?.

What i am trying to say is can i make a thread go sleep during linux
kernel bootup
and wake it up during kernel bootup upon occurance of an interrupt.

Regards,
vedan

  Last update: 2008-04-08 18:17    [W:0.021 / U:0.204 seconds]