SubjectRe: [-mm] Disable the memory controller by default
> The boot control options apply to all controllers and we want to allow
> controllers to decide whether they should be turned on or off.

Ok that's fine too (to have finer grained options), just those should
be on/off too, not toggle.

> documentation support in Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt, don't you think we
> can expect this to work as the user intended?

Even with documentation support semantics changes over releases are not nice.
So "toggle" is bad, always have it absolute values.

So if an user decides they want full cgroup support and stick in a option
for .25 into their boot loader config they should always get full cgroup support in
all future kernels. Similiar if someone decides they don't need it.

-Andi

  Last update: 2008-04-07 14:15    [W:0.074 / U:0.120 seconds]