SubjectRE: [RFC][patch 8/11][CFQ-cgroup] Control cfq_data per cgroup
Date
Hi,

> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Satoshi UCHIDA <s-uchida@ap.jp.nec.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > So that you say, root subsystem state maybe keep a reference locally.
> > For example, create a variable for root subsystem state and
> > store the pointer when making subsystem state first.
>
> Yes, that's what I'm suggesting.
>

> > However, I think that it is smart to calculate root group of subsystems
> > when needing its information.
>
> I don't see why it's better to go through the cgroup subsystem to
> retrieve the reference.

If program have temporary data, it may cause inconsistency.
I think that information should be referred to original(control mechanism).

Information of cgroup is controlled at cgroup subsystem (and cgroupfs_root).
So, I think that it's better to query into cgroup subsystem.

Now, cgroup susbsystem would not change root group.
Therefore, system would also runs by your suggestion.

I will consider this issue.

Thanks,
Satoshi UCHIDA.

  Last update: 2008-04-04 11:49    [W:0.121 / U:0.096 seconds]