SubjectRe: kernel BUG at drivers/block/ub.c:820!
From
Hi Andrew, Greg, Pete,

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:30:10 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:36:38 +0300 Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@panasas.com> wrote:

> > > I'm glad.

> > > I was going to work through Greg as usual and then push it to
> > > the stable tree. I'm not Linus' "leutenant", so I cannot just send
> > > him random patches.
> > >
> > > -- Pete
> >
> > This is a block device siting in block/ folder. It is certainly Jens's
> > linux-block territory. Best put it through the tree that introduced the
> > bug, no?
> >
> > Best would be to resend to Jens ASAP, it is a 2.6.25 regression.
>
> I stole it out of Greg's tree - I'll merge it Saturdayish unless someone
> stops me.

I think that it is a broken patch and Pete wants you to take
the patch below:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=120613888005382&w=2

The patch, which Greg and Andrew is taking now, was tested by Chris
Wedgwood and he detected a bug is still in there:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=120603584207543&w=2
Pete revised it and posted the new patch as above, but the new patch
seems not to be included in the Greg's tree yet.

Pete,
The new patch you posted seems not having your sign-off.
Could you follow it so that the new patch can be included instead of
the old patch?

Thanks,
Kiyoshi Ueda

  Last update: 2008-04-04 16:33    [W:0.067 / U:0.068 seconds]