SubjectRe: small author mixup
Christian Borntraeger wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 27. April 2008 schrieb Avi Kivity:
>
>> Carsten Otte (4):
>> s390: KVM preparation: provide hook to enable pgstes in user pagetable
>> KVM: s390: interrupt subsystem, cpu timer, waitpsw
>> KVM: s390: API documentation
>> s390: KVM guest: detect when running on kvm
>>
>> Christian Borntraeger (10):
>> KVM: kvm.h: __user requires compiler.h
>> s390: KVM preparation: host memory management changes for s390 kvm
>> s390: KVM preparation: address of the 64bit extint parm in lowcore
>> KVM: s390: sie intercept handling
>> KVM: s390: intercepts for privileged instructions
>> KVM: s390: interprocessor communication via sigp
>> KVM: s390: intercepts for diagnose instructions
>> KVM: s390: add kvm to kconfig on s390
>> KVM: s390: update maintainers
>> s390: KVM guest: virtio device support, and kvm hypercalls
>>

> Thats interesting, some of these patches should actually be credited to
> Carsten - and in fact on kvm.git master they are credited to Carsten.
>
> I think the problem is, that these patches contained multiple From lines. On
> kvm.git the first line (Carsten) was used. When you transferred these patches
> to the kvm.git-2.6.26-branch, git used the next From-line as the original one
> was already removed.
>
> While it is not a typical case, is there a better way of specifying multiple
> authors to avoid future confusion?

It's probably due to my heavy use of git cherry-pick, rebase, and rebase
-i. I couldn't reproduce this with a test that mimics that workflow, so
either it has been fixed already, or it's a little more subtle.

I don't think you should change anything to avoid this. I'll keep an
eye open for this, and if it happens again I'll fix it locally and send
a proper bug report to the git mailing list.

--
Any sufficiently difficult bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

  Last update: 2008-04-30 10:41    [W:0.099 / U:0.372 seconds]