    SubjectRe: Slow DOWN, please!!!
    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Chris Shoemaker wrote:

    >>> That's mostly when they feel that they are treated unfairly.
    >>>
    >>> OTOH, insisting that your patches should be merged at the same rate that you're
    >>> able to develop them is unreasonable to me.
    >>
    >> it's not nessasarily the individuals that fork, it's the distros who want
    >> to include the fixes and other changes that the individuals that create the
    >> fork.
    >
    > Is that really bad? Isn't that effectively equivalent to "increased testing of
    > earlier intergrations"?

    not if there are so many changes that the testing isn't really relavent to
    mainline.

    not if the changes don't get into mainline.

    look at the mess of the distro kernels in the 2.5 and earlier days. having
    them maintain a large body of patches didn't work for them or for the
    mainline kernel.

    David Lang

      Last update: 2008-05-01 02:17    [W:4.170 / U:0.028 seconds]