SubjectRe: [patch, -git] input: CONFIG_INPUT_APANEL build fix
Hi,

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> > Thank you Ingo. Isn't this a Kconfig issue though? I know that Roman
> > is not willing to fix SELECT to evaluate the whole dependency chain,
> > but in this case it is "depens on" that does not evaluate properly...
>
> yes and no. It can be fixed in Kconfig but i'm not going to flame yet
> another person about long-existing unfixed infrastructure bugs ;-)

You don't have to, because this simply is no infrastructure bug...
Don't blame Kconfig for abusing select for something it was never
intendend for. There is no bug!

In this case there is now a mixture of depends and selects on leds. First
decide whether led support should be automatically included or the driver
is only available when led support is enabled. In the first case it's
probably better to create LEDS_SUPPORT, which then again selects
everything necessary.

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2008-04-30 22:59    [W:0.402 / U:0.040 seconds]