SubjectRe: Additional kconfig targets (cloneconfig, nonint_oldconfig etc)
On 4/29/08, Andres Salomon <dilinger@queued.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:35:31 +0200
> Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org> wrote:

> > And we add support for a new 'commandline' parameter
> > 'K' so I can say:
> >
> > make K=/proc/config.gz defconfig
> > make K=i386_defconfig defconfig
> > make K=i386_defconfig oldconfig
> > make K=/proc/config.gz newconfig
> >
> > So K is used to specify what config file we use
> > to start out from.

I like this idea a lot. I didn't like the hardcoded `.config' 13
years ago and I still
don't like it now.

> Sounds good, I highly prefer specifying the config via env variable
> rather than embedded in the target (ie, 'make olpc_defconfig').

Is there any reasonable way to embed the configuration file name in the kernel
image like BSD does it? /proc/config.gz is a good way to retrieve way to
retrieve configuration information on a running system, not so good for pushing
kernels out to a network and keeping track of the config files on the build
machine.

I don't have any way of checking this now, but can /proc files like
/proc/config.gz
be exported via NFS or the equivalent?

-sb

  Last update: 2008-04-30 12:49    [W:0.256 / U:0.328 seconds]