SubjectRe: ASUS ScreenDuo
From
On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 04:58:03PM -0400, Bob Copeland wrote:
> If you have a friend with this device and windows, you might be able to
> capture the initialization sequence using usbsnoopy or something similar.
> Some devices just need a little proprietary poke before they become a normal
> USB device.

Well apparently vista expects the device to support running programs
written in .NET Micro Framework. Maybe that is some JVM like thingy. I
am not sure what Microsoft means by "Managed Code". Since it seems to
be architecture independant I imagine it is similar to java byte code or
something similar.

Perhaps vista writes the firmware/OS to the mass storage device and they
talks to it after that. Is there such a thing as a write only usb mass
storage device?

--
Len Sorensen

  Last update: 2008-04-03 23:27    [W:0.079 / U:0.348 seconds]