SubjectRe: module parameters versus kernel command line
Tom Horsley wrote:

> I know that part, I'm just wondering if it would be nice to have
> even dynamically loaded modules notice the kernel option
> so that the "usbcore" module would see the "blinkenlights=1"
> parameter from the kernel boot options when dynamically loaded?

What if the module is loaded with parameters, and parameters are also
specified in the kernel command line?

I'd suggest that the dynamic parameter should probably take precedence,
as that would allow the user to specify things that were not necessarily
known at boot time, while still providing a boot-time fallback.

Chris

  Last update: 2008-04-03 18:35    [W:0.057 / U:0.868 seconds]