SubjectRe: module parameters versus kernel command line
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 08:39:53 -0700
Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com> wrote:

> Module parameters for modules that are built into the kernel image
> are specified on the kernel command line with the module name plus
> '.' plus parameter name, with '=' and value if appropriate, such as:
>
> usbcore.blinkenlights=1

I know that part, I'm just wondering if it would be nice to have
even dynamically loaded modules notice the kernel option
so that the "usbcore" module would see the "blinkenlights=1"
parameter from the kernel boot options when dynamically loaded?

That way, you wouldn't have to stop and figure out if a module
was static or dynamic to decide if you need to edit the grub boot
line or the modprobe.conf file.

  Last update: 2008-04-03 18:07    [W:0.066 / U:2.864 seconds]