SubjectRe: pcmcia_ioctl.c compile error
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:58:45PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > So, between Monday midnight and Thursday morning, when do you expect me
> > to sort the resulting mess out, given that I was not even able to be
> > in front of a computer until about 10pm on Tuesday and Wednesday?
>
> How about delegate some of the control to other people ? There's something
> wrong if it has to be you that sorts it out eveyr time - especially as you
> effectively manage as many platforms as everyone else put together right
> now.

I believe I pointed at the patch required to fix the problem via this
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=5010/1

A subset of that patch had also already been discussed between Philipp,
akpm and myself. The URL also shows when it was applied (though not to
a branch of my tree I could've pushed into mainline at that stage.)

The fix was already known... The fix had been pointed out by me during
the various mails I got about the breakage... I'd effectively already
approved the fix by applying it... And I had said I wouldn't be able to
sort it until Thursday.

Yes, maybe I should've said to Andrew "please grab this patch off this
URL and ensure it gets to Linus ASAP." Hind sight is always a wonderful
thing.

--
Russell King
maintainer of:

  Last update: 2008-04-30 00:43    [W:0.090 / U:0.876 seconds]