SubjectRe: pcmcia_ioctl.c compile error
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:56:20 +0100
Russell King <rmk+lkml@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 02:38:24PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> > > Yes: http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/27/291
> > > (now that Harvey reminded me/us)
> >
> > oh, OK, whatever, that's easy. I dropped the old patch and queued this
> > one:
>
> I'll spend some time this coming weekend working out precisely what it
> requires from the ioctl interface - maybe we can have a cut-down ioctl
> interface that bolts straight on as an "add on" to the new controls
> without being too invasive, while still allowing its PCMCIA bits to
> work.

umm, well,

a) as your machine still needed the ioctl code, we can assume that there
are others out there. So it's unclear that we _can_ delete it, or change
its interfaces.

b) the rate of change in that code is very close to zero. I'd say just let
it be. It's not a good use of one's time?

  Last update: 2008-04-30 00:15    [W:0.048 / U:0.292 seconds]