SubjectRe: HP server and atto driver from hell
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:17:27 +0200
Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de> wrote:

> We thought HP would be a smart choice when it comes to Linux,..
> Until now, because now we have to use a PCI Express SCSI card that
> comes with a proprietary driver that won't even compile.

I would suggest you take it up with the supplier, given EU law on product
being fit for the purpose for which it was sold I would hope they jump.

Seriously it isn't going to be worth anyones time fighting binary crap
when there are open alternatives available. Tell HP to replace it with a
working card - also if you mail ordered it remember your EU wide 14 day
return option ;)

And please don't post pieces of proprietary driver code to the kernel
list - I doubt you have permission to do so from HP.

Alan

  Last update: 2008-04-29 23:55    [W:0.058 / U:0.272 seconds]