SubjectRe: [RFC 1/3] mmiotrace full patch, preview 3
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:45:04 +0300
Pekka Paalanen <pq@iki.fi> wrote:

> The current state is that mmiotrace seems to work fine, also on SMP,
> but on SMP there's a chance to miss events due to CPUs racing. At last
> the log produced via ftrace framework is up-to-spec. Inserting user
> comments (markers in mmiotrace-parlance) into the log is not yet
> supported. All in all, after some more testing on my part, IMHO this
> is in a mergeable state.

Ok, looks like I won't be able to do more testing than what I did today.
The sched-devel/latest tree has changes that break the out-of-tree DRM,
so I cannot test with Nouveau, and most likely the proprietary driver
will not work either. A very nice test would be to enable mmiotracing
as early in boot as convinient, but I don't know how to achieve that
with the ftrace framework.

I did notice two bugs in mmiotrace while looking at ioremap.c, so
I will follow here with three patches.

Tested with the patches and sched-devel/latest of
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:47:55 +0000
using testmmiotrace.ko and things looked fine.

Thanks.

--
Pekka Paalanen
http://www.iki.fi/pq/

  Last update: 2008-04-29 22:43    [W:0.911 / U:0.100 seconds]