SubjectRe: 2.6.25 pci=noacpi
Hi Andrew/all

A stock standard 2.6.24 kernel worked fine, but it exhibited a problem
where the timer sources didnt run as expected. ( I didnt put too much
effort in to it as I wanted a hot off the press kernel ) in 2.6.24 the
ACPI done its job :-)

I am going to enable netconsole to try see if it can throw me a bone.

Thanks,
Richard

Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:53:57 +0100 Richard <tuxbox.guru@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Using an AMD Sempron notebook (HP Compaq 6715b) single processor
>> machine, It shuts down during bootup when ACPI is fully enabled. I
>> added pci=noacpi to the cmdline and it finally boots, but its extremely
>> slow... (kdm times out with error saying it took too long to load and
>> disables graphical)
>>
>> Dmesg doest show anything out of the ordinary, irq_stats only shows the
>> timer interrupts being incremented. (noirq also works, but same
>> behaviour) Can someone please offer me some pointers so I can fault find
>> this problem.
>>

> Did any earlier kernels work OK? If so, which versions?
>
> Thanks.

  Last update: 2008-04-29 09:21    [W:0.114 / U:0.012 seconds]