SubjectRe: [git pull] "big box" x86 changes, bootmem/sparsemem
Date
Hi Ingo,

Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> writes:

> * Johannes Weiner <hannes@saeurebad.de> wrote:
>
>> > mm: allow reserve_bootmem() cross nodes
>>
>> I find it sad that this goes in now. I wrote a clean version of
>> reserve_bootmem() [1] and it was rejected with arguments that I did
>> not understand [2] and that were not further explained even though I
>> asked for it [3].
>>
>> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/16/76
>> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/16/234
>> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/4/16/250
>
> oh, i had your patches applied then undid them due to this:
>
> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0804.2/0253.html
>
> havent seen a followup to that mail so it was 'issue pending'.

> so i very much agree that your changes are cleaner, i just wanted to
> have one that has all the fixes included.

I had planned this to be another patch because there are more then one
boundary check I wanted to tighten. I can merge them though if you
like.

> Would you like to post a patch against current -git or should i extract
> the cleaner reserve_bootmem() from your previous patch?

I just moved and have only sporadic internet access and free time slots
available. Would be nice if you could do it!

> Ingo

Thanks!

Hannes

  Last update: 2008-04-28 02:21    [W:0.135 / U:0.104 seconds]