SubjectRe: [patch] x86, voyager: fix ioremap_nocache()
H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>>
>> Understood.
>>
>> I guess I am more annoyed that this stealth semantics change appears
>> to have broken everything that depends on pci_iomap(), including 90%+
>> of all libata drivers, unless I am missing something.
>>
>> That one piece of code (pci_iomap) was correct under the old
>> semantics, on x86 and elsewhere. It's tested and working nicely, and
>> depended upon by many drivers.
>>

> That one piece of code has had no effective change. Under both the old
> and the new code, both branches functionally because ioremap_nocache(),
> in one case because of MTRR and in one case because of PAT.

OK good... libata uses it for controller registers exclusively, so that
should be fine from an operational standpoint.

The lack of discussion is still a bit irksome... at the very least I
could have pointed out that lib/iomap.c wanted an update, and the 2.5 yo
discussion could have resurfaced.

Jeff

  Last update: 2008-04-28 01:05    [W:0.071 / U:0.928 seconds]