SubjectRe: If you want me to quit I will quit
On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 10:21:33AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >
> > The patch for the x86 userspace header breakage last weekend was Cc'ed
> > to you.
>
> Yes, and I couldn't care less - it wasn't critical in any way (nobody
> should be using kernel headers directly in user space anyway, so the only
> people who could _possibly_ care were the people who build glibc releases
> etc).
>
> IOW, it wasn't a critical bug-fix that needed to be pushed out
> aggressively.
>
> Which means that I totally ignore a patch when I see that there are people
> who actually maintain that area (especially if I know they are responsible
> maintainers) that are also cc'd and that even reply to it.

I'm not yet getting your definition of a critical bug-fix.

The patch of Harvey you already applied was a build fix in a well
maintained area (Mauro would have sent you my patch today).

Do you consider all patches that fix build errors as critical?
If yes, only for x86 or for all architectures?

> Linus

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

  Last update: 2008-04-26 19:37    [W:0.187 / U:0.008 seconds]