SubjectRe: microblaze syscall list
Date
On Thursday 24 April 2008, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi Arnd,
> here is current syscall table - I only rewrite your changes. I remove sys_ni_syscall except from #ifdefs.
> I would like to match syscalls to logical block. Can I do it? (I'll fix unistd.h later)

yes, that makes a lot of sense to me. If we introduce a new
asm-generic/unistd.h, it's good to have it sorted in some
meaningful way, even if it is going to get messier over time.

> Can you look at it if I remove old syscalls?
> I will continue tomorrow I am tired.

ok, I'll look at it tomorrow.

> #ifdef __ARCH_WANT_SYS_SIGNAL
> .long sys_signal
> #else
> .long sys_ni_syscall
> #endif
> #ifdef __ARCH_WANT_SYS_TIME
> .long sys_time
> .long sys_stime
> #else
> .long sys_ni_syscall
> .long sys_ni_syscall
> #endif

I guess I wasn't entirely clear with what I mean referring to
__ARCH_WANT_SYS_*. Instead of adding the #ifdef here, I meant
you should just remove the call entirely. With a few exceptions
that I already mentioned, the fact that there is an __ARCH_WANT
check in the syscall definition means that new architectures
should not reference the call, nor #define the __ARCH_WANT macro.

Arnd <><

  Last update: 2008-04-24 23:41    [W:0.095 / U:0.584 seconds]