SubjectRe: iwl4965 regression since 2.6.24
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 02:41:06PM +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> as of 2.6.25 kernel, the intel driver iwl4965 has serious troubles to
> associate with AP. I must many times set essid till the association is done.
>
> Moreover, it seems that it is unable to associate with different AP (using the
> same SSID). I must remove the module completly to be able to associate to the
> different AP. I think it is big regression.

I am experiencing the same problems on 2.6.24. I have also
noticed that it cannot recover association after waking from sleep. I
must set the essid before it will talk to the AP. I always see this in
dmesg at the time:

ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready

After I explicitly re-specify the ssid, I see this in dmesg:

ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready

To clarify: when the interface comes up after boot or wake, it
associates but will not actually send data (Destination Host
Unreachable). I must run "iwconfig wlan0 essid <ssid>". After that, it
works. When I move to a new network with a different access point, I
must unload and reload the module.
Hopefully, I'll get a chance to run with debugging and send
along some logs.

Thinkpad x61s,
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN Network Connection (rev 61)

Joel

--

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the
belief that one's work is terribly important."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker@oracle.com
Phone: (650) 506-8127

  Last update: 2008-04-24 00:15    [W:0.059 / U:0.348 seconds]