    SubjectRe: 2.6.25-git2: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffffffffffffff
    2008/4/23, Pekka J Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi>:
    > On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > > We should have returned from the function and not printed this message. If
    > > we somehow skipped the test for !fault then end could have wrapped around
    > > which gets us to 4GB.
    >

    > Aah, looks like it's just a silly bug in slab_fix(). If this looks ok to
    > Christoph, can you re-test with this patch applied Zdenek? That way we'll
    > actually know where SLUB expected to see POISON_INUSE.

    Unfortunately it won't be easy to retest - I just know it happened to
    me with some wi-fi networking interaction after resume. I'll rebuild
    kernel with these slab patches - but I have now idea how to trigger
    the bug.

    In the attachment is bzip-ed dmesg in case it would be still needed
    for something.

    Zdenek
    [unhandled content-type:application/x-bzip2]

      Last update: 2008-04-23 22:31    [W:7.873 / U:0.112 seconds]