SubjectRe: 2.6.25-git2: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffffffffffffff
Linus Torvalds napsal(a):

> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>>> The same place, dentry.d_hash.next is 1. No slub debug clues... I think, I'll
>>> give slab a try. Any other clues?
>> Well, SLUB uses some per CPU data structures. Is it possible that they get
>> corrupted and which leads to the observed symptoms?
>
> It really doesn't look like the slub allocations themselves would be
> corrupted. It very much looks like wild pointers corrupting allocations
> that themselves were fine.

Hmm, correct.

> What do you do to trigger this? Any particular load? Is it still just
> doing suspend/resume, or do you have something else that you are playing
> with?

Yesterday I did 2 suspend/resumes after 1 hour of uptime and ran git-status
for a fraction of a second until it was killed. So I can perfectly reproduce
it when I suspend, resume and produce some io load. I guess it's time to
bisect 2.6.25-rc8-mm2 as I'm able to reproduce it the best and haven't seen
that bug in -rc8-mm1 for over week of suspending and working.

> Also, have you tried CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC? That can also be a very
> powerful way to find memory corruption.

Not yet.

> Does anybody see any other patterns? Looking at the modules linked in in
> the oopses from Zdenek, Rafael and Jiri, I don't see anything odd. You
> both all have 80211 support, maybe the corruption comes from the wireless
> layer?

May be, however I don't use that stack, it's a desktop machine, it's only
sitting there not turned on, but sure, it's loaded.

  Last update: 2008-04-22 11:51    [W:1.519 / U:0.120 seconds]