    SubjectRe: linux-next: Linus' tree build breakage
    On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 08:36:22AM +0100, Russell King wrote:
    > On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:31:11AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
    > > Russell, this is why I would have liked you to participate in the
    > > linux-next tree ...
    >
    > linux-next will not give me anything which -mm isn't giving me. As I
    > said in the discussion, linux-next value is _very_ small for me.

    But it would help all of the rest of us out immensely. From what I can
    tell (please correct me if I'm wrong), the linux-arm tree isn't
    publicly seen by anyone else so they know exactly what they need to
    rebase off of to submit patches for to you. Getting your stuff into
    linux-next would provide a public place for others to base off of,
    making it easier for them to send patches to you ensuring that they
    apply properly.

    Which in the end, will help others be able to contribute easier, and
    help you by getting patches you do not need to rebase yourself.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2008-04-23 00:27    [W:2.892 / U:0.092 seconds]