SubjectRe: 2.6.25-mm1 (snd-pcsp doesn't like DEBUG_PAGEALLOC)
At Mon, 21 Apr 2008 21:55:27 +0400,
Stas Sergeev wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> >> CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC is a very heavy consumer of CPU cycles. I'm not
> >> surprised that it would whack what I presume to be a very latency-sensitive
> >> driver.
> > We can add simply a dependncy to Kconfig if this really matters.
> I think this is a bit too heavy-handed.
> That thing adds a lot of noise to the sound,
> but it doesn't really prevent the driver from
> working properly. And perhaps there are
> other options with the same effect?
> Also, that would motivate people to
> optimize DEBUG_PAGEALLOC, while otherwise
> they wouldn't know. :)
>
> What is the problem with the warning
> exactly? If it makes problems, we can
> just remove it and update the help text
> instead, for example.

It's no big problem but I just find the phrase "you have to
disable..." too strict. It's just a sound-quality problem as you
mentioned in the above.

BTW, I noticed that the message includes a few line breaks. You need
a proper KERN_ prefix for each line in such a case. A fix patch would
be appreciated.

thanks,

Takashi

  Last update: 2008-04-22 12:17    [W:0.156 / U:1.356 seconds]