    SubjectRe: 2.6.25-git2: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffffffffffffffff
    From
    From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
    Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:19:26 -0700 (PDT)

    > However, the Code: line for one of the oopses shows that in that
    > particular case, it was at offset 0x18 (ie the normal 24), so at least one
    > of the oopses had no such thing going on.

    On 64-bit x86_64, which I believe the case you are referring to
    is, that would be right in the middle of an hlist_node.

    We would expect to see a valid pointer, NULL, or a list poison
    value. Which we're not.

    But I don't think networking or even netfilter can in any way be ruled
    out yet.

    A lot of the speculation is because of the SLUB cache sharing between
    different object types. Is there some way to disable that and see how
    that influences the bug?

    Of course, even with sharing disabled a cache's page could get freed
    and then re-allocated into another cache, but the likelyhood of it
    happening exactly to a filp or dentry cache from a netfilter or whatever
    one is extremely unlikely :)

      Last update: 2008-04-21 23:57    [W:2.117 / U:0.592 seconds]