SubjectRe: Voyager phys_cpu_present_map compile error
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:29:19PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org> wrote:

> > > Adrian, you build Voyager kernels so just try to boot it once on
> > > your PC and watch the show ...
> >
> > Ingo, an ia64 kernel also won't boot on my computer, and I'll still
> > compile test my patches for ia64 ...
>
> dont be silly... the ia64 kernel is not under arch/x86, it's not even
> the same instruction format. Voyager runs on x86 CPUs and is part of the
> x86 architecture tree.

Your point is?

I'm compile testing 22 architectures (especially when sending my own
patches), and whether a kernel would boot on my computer doesn't make
any difference.

Why do you as an architecture maintainer want me to no longer spend my
spare time on compile testing one of the subarchitectures of your
architecture?

Other architecture maintainers tend to say "thanks for your bug report"
and "thanks for your patch" when I'm sending bug reports and patches for
platforms that have userbases comparable to Voyager...

> Ingo

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

  Last update: 2008-04-21 23:05    [W:3.391 / U:0.516 seconds]