SubjectRe: 2.6.25-mm1
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 08:56:19 -0600
Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse@amd.com> wrote:

> On 19/04/08 13:50 -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:

> > [...]
> > > >

> > > Do both ;)
> > >
> > > The quick-n-easy version sounds suitable for now.
> >
> > Heh, I already had sent the nicer version. If people have some fundamental
> > problem w/ it, I can send the quick-n-easy version.
>
> I prefer the nicer version. It is not a good policy IMHO to wrap OLPC
> specfic code with is_geode() and friends. Even by Geode standards, we've
> abused the code greatly for the benefit of the Geode, and few of those
> abuses would translate very well even to the general Geode community. I
> would prefer that we use the is_olpc() and #ifdef wrappers to ensure
> that the code that is exclusively OLPC stays exclusively OLPC.
>
> Thanks,
> Jordan

Yeah, like I said; the nicer version is the _correct_ way to do things. I
just fear that the OFW code isn't ready for merging (see hpa's concerns).

The code is already #ifdef'd (the original reporter had enabled
CONFIG_OLPC), and the code in question is what determines what is_olpc()
should return. is_geode() is just to narrow the scope of what hardware
the check runs on.

--
Need a kernel or Debian developer? Contact me, I'm looking for contracts.

  Last update: 2008-04-21 17:05    [W:0.513 / U:0.028 seconds]