SubjectRe: [build bug] drivers/built-in.o: In function `rt2x00leds_resume': : undefined reference to `led_classdev_resume'
From
From: Ivo van Doorn <ivdoorn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:31:00 +0200

> Not sure about it, but doesn't LEDS_CLASS depend on NEW_LEDS ?
> Which would make selecting LEDS_CLASS broken when NEW_LEDS isn't enabled?

True, what an awful dependency chain.

NEW_LEDS requires HAS_IOMEM. This is to handle platforms like
S390 and UM.

But I think this protection is overboard. Specific drivers
might need IOMEM functionality, but the basic infrastructure
does not.

All of the core infrastrucure and generic LEDS facilities, including
NEW_LEDS, LEDS_CLASS, and LEDS_TRIGGERS, don't need the IOMEM
protection.

And neither do the LED device drivers, they already each have a
depenency for a specific platform.

You could even imagine a hypervisor based LED driver that a platform
like S390, which does not enable HAS_IOMEM, might want to support
under this infrastructure.

I think NEW_LEDS can be completely eliminated.

  Last update: 2008-04-20 11:49    [W:0.071 / U:0.028 seconds]