SubjectRe: migration thread and active_load_balance
>  >
> > Anyway, like I said, I've spent several days trying to understand this
> > error by putting in printk()s galore and doing traces through the
>
> That might be obvious, but are you aware that printks inside
> the scheduler can lead to deadlocks? printk when the buffer
> is full calls wake_up and that calls the scheduler. So for
> debugging the scheduler you need some other way to get
> the information out.
>
> -Andi

Yes, I've read that printk can cause deadlocks, although I get the
deadlocks without printks as well. Also, I found a modification on
kerneltrap (http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2008/1/23/595569)
that seems to a decent job of preventing deadlocks due to printk, at
least in my case (I see in the comments on that thread though that
it's not perfect).

-dan

  Last update: 2008-04-21 02:49    [W:0.070 / U:1.368 seconds]