SubjectRe: [GIT pull] (hr)timer updates feed from Andrew
> On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:22:43 +0200 Roman Zippel <zippel@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 19. April 2008, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>
> > John Stultz (1):
> > time: close small window for vsyscall time inconsistencies
>
> Out of curiosity: why did you merge this patch despite my objections?
> Why couldn't you wait a little while longer? You knew I was waiting for more
> information to analyze this properly...
> (Especially as it turns out that this patch doesn't really close the window,
> it only makes it smaller.)

I have a note here that it's on hold, but I think I added that note after
sending the patch to Thomas on the 18th. If there was earlier controversy
about it then I guess I forgot to make the note at the time.

It happens sometimes. But I must say that it happens most frequently with
time-management things when you are the reviewer, because the review
discussion seems to happen a loooong time after I merge the patch and
proceeds at only a few emails per week.

Not that I'm saying "Roman, please review stuff faster". You review well,
and in detail and it's welcome. But that is the cause and effect.

There are two contentious time patches:

provide-u64-version-of-jiffies_to_usecs-in-kernel-tsacctc.patch
time-close-small-window-for-vsyscall-time-inconsistencies.patch

Possily I got the discussions confused and assumed they all
concerned provide-u64-version-of-jiffies_to_usecs-in-kernel-tsacctc.patch

  Last update: 2008-04-20 23:59    [W:0.693 / U:0.200 seconds]