SubjectRe: [patch 01/10] vfs: add path_create() and path_mknod()
On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 10:12:48PM +0200, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> From: Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@suse.cz>
>
> R/o bind mounts require operations which modify the filesystem to be
> wrapped in mnt_want_write()/mnt_drop_write(). Create helpers which do
> this, so callers won't need to bother, and more importantly, cannot
> forget! Call these path_*, analogous to vfs_*. Where there are no
> callers of vfs_* left, make them static.
>
> This series is a cleanup, as well as fixing several places (mostly in
> nfsd) where mnt_{want,drop}_write() were missing.
>
> It will also help with merging You Know What(*) security module, which
> needs to know the path within the namespace, and not just within the
> filesystem. These helpers will allow the security hooks to be in a
> common place, and need not be repeated in all callers.

Rot.

Places in nfsd must be fixed, LSM hooks *moved* *to* *callers*. And
really, by that point I absolutely do not give a damn for these clowns.
"Help with merging" implies that they can't be arsed to do _anything_
with their code. Just as they could not be arsed to react to any
comments (including civil ones) in any manner except "wait for a month
and repost without changes". Sod them.

And no, "make static where all (two of) current callers have vfsmount"
is non-starter. path_...() is (at most) a convenience helper, not a
fundamental interface - simply because new callers should not be
forced into inventing a fake vfsmount just to use that.

I'll look into missing mnt_..._write() in nfsd and fix that. The rest...
Sorry.

  Last update: 2008-04-02 22:57    [W:2.905 / U:0.456 seconds]