SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.25-rc8
On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 08:03:45PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> In other words, there are people I think are generally trusted across most
> maintenance borders. Al, as far as I'm concerned, is one of them.
> Especially sicne he is also one of the few people who clearly not only
> does run sparse but also looks at the code and actually fixes real bugs
> with byte order etc - regardless of where it is (ie he works across
> drivers, filesystems, an arch-specific code)
>
> In other words, I don't think the borders are so tightly drawn, and the
> same way I trust the individual developers who send me patches (and git
> trees) rather than whatever _companies_ they happen to work, I also tend
> to trust individual developers rather than the _subsystem_ that they
> happen to maintain.
>
> Of course, there's often a rather direct mapping between the two, where
> people naturally have the area they work in. But some people cross across
> any particular area, and while that tends to be unusual, that very much
> includes people like Andrew and Al.

What should I sent directly to you and for what should I pray that
someone picks it up?

E.g. I have a some patches that add missing MODULE_LICENSE's to modules
and some build fixes (some of the patches already sent to linux-kenrel,
some are still in my private testing) that IMHO belong into 2.6.25.

I also have sparse fixes and similar stuff pending.

And what about the removal of the broken v850 port I've already sent
five times to linux-kernel?

Etc.

> Linus

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

  Last update: 2008-04-02 20:59    [W:0.046 / U:0.212 seconds]