SubjectRe: StackProtector Oopses - Re: 2.6.25-mm1

On 18/04/2008 11:51 PM, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:36:45 +0200
> Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
>
>> * Reuben Farrelly <reuben-linuxkernel@reub.net> wrote:
>>
>>> is enough to prevent my system booting, viz:
>> hm, does it boot up fine with the attached patch and stackprotector
>> enabled? It appears that your system got to the self-test so
>> stackprotector is working mostly - it's just that the self-test went
>> wrong.
>>

> yes it'll be interesting to see if this is due to the test triggering or due to
> something else.
>
> Reuben:
> I assume your gcc is pretty vanilla and doesn't have weird patches in this area?

I think so. Well, put it this way... I haven't made any changes to it, this is
the standard/current gcc that has been in Gentoo Portage for the last while.

> Can you do a (with the test enabled in the config/code) do a
> make kernel/panic.s
> and send me that file? (this allows me to see what code your gcc generated
for the test)

Done - posted up in the web directory along with the other files (saves the
possible grief of MUA mangling).

I'm about to reboot to try Ingo's test also.

Reuben

  Last update: 2008-04-18 16:43    [W:0.130 / U:0.564 seconds]