SubjectRe: Reporting bugs and bisection
Date
On Thursday, 17 of April 2008, David Newall wrote:
> Jesper Juhl wrote:
> > Interresting. Just be careful results are produced for the big picture
> > and not used to point fingers at individuals.
> >

> If there are individuals at whom a finger needs to be pointed, this
> system will highlight them, and fingers will (and should) be pointed.
> Contributors of poor-quality code need to be weeded-out.

Define poor quality.

> Finger-pointing, in these extreme cases, gives incentive to improve
> quality. It's a positive thing.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Negative finger-pointing is never a good thing.
Also, it doesn't give any incentive to anyone. It only makes people feel bad
and finally discourages them from contributing anything.

If you want to give poeple incentives, reward them for doing things you'd like
them to do.

Thanks,
Rafael

  Last update: 2008-04-17 21:13    [W:0.917 / U:0.056 seconds]