    SubjectRe: [TOMOYO #7 30/30] Hooks for SAKURA and TOMOYO.

    > Pavel Machek wrote:
    > > > It is true that namespace may differ between processes,
    > > > but I think that that is the matter of how to restrict namespace manipulation operations.
    > > > As I said, a system can't survive if namespace is madly manipulated.
    > > > To keep the system workable, /bin/ must be the directory for binary programs,
    > > > /etc/ must be the directory for configuration files, and so on in all namespaces.
    > >
    > > Ehm? Where did you get those ideas?
    > >
    > > I'm free to name my directories any way I want, and keep config files
    > > in /pavlix_config, thank you... There is even distro that does
    > > something like that, IIRC...
    > >
    > We can make processes have different namespace by using clone() with CLONE_NEWNS.
    > But even if some process got a different namespace, it need to follow conventional rules.
    > Optional files (e.g. /pavlix_config) need not to follow conventional rules.
    > What I'm talking about is essetial files (e.g. /bin/sh and
    > /etc/passwd).

    Why would I need to follow rules?

    > Can your system continue running even if essetial files are not in place
    > (like /bin/sh moved to /etc/sh and /etc/passwd moved to /bin/passwd) ?

    Why not? They are just a names, they can be changed as log as you
    change them everywhere. Which is rather easy for small
    systems... think openembedded.
    Pavel

      Last update: 2008-04-17 19:49    [W:3.916 / U:0.012 seconds]