SubjectRe: Microblaze Linux release

Hi Ben,

>> I'd recommend splitting prom.c into code that can be shared between powerpc
>> and microblaze and architecture specific code. Anything that deals with
>> LMB should go into powerpc, and you can simply use the alloc_bootmem
>> mechanism for your architecture.
>
> That is non trivial... the unflatten DT code among others relies heavily
> on the LMB's to allocate the objects.

I think so. Sharing code among archs looks nice and this way is definitely
right. But starting with communication with PowerPC guys that this code I want
to use in case that this code is not in vanilla. This is not good start for
doing this.
I think if Microblaze will be in vanilla we can talked about separation MB and
PPC part to kernel folder and shared code move to shared folder.

> We could split the early accessors, unflatten code, and kernel-side
> accessors at one point, though we already did most of it no ?

Yes

Michal Simek
www.monstr.eu

  Last update: 2008-04-16 08:25    [W:0.109 / U:0.092 seconds]