SubjectRe: Problem: non-SDHC 2GB SD cards are unreadable
H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Daniel Barkalow wrote:
>>
>> Somewhat unsurprisingly, not all manufacturers took into account the
>> possibility that a card would use a different block size than what all
>> of the cards of the time used.
>>

> What's really kind of pathetic is that designed, in 2000, a that broke
> at 1 GB...
>
> -hpa

I have used 2 different 2GB cards, one works with a reader that it came with,
the other won't work with the reader the other card came with, I did not try the
switch the other way, but it appears that the cheap readers included with the
cards are not interchangeable as they cut too many corners in the testing to
make them nice and cheap.

Roger

  Last update: 2008-04-16 04:53    [W:0.039 / U:0.080 seconds]