SubjectRe: x86 git tree broken (bisected)
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@sisk.pl> wrote:

> On Monday, 14 of April 2008, Yinghai Lu wrote:

> > > Tested (current x86.git), dmesg output attached.
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > looks good. as expected...
> >
> > Checking aperture...
> > AGP bridge at 00:04:00
> > Aperture from AGP @ de000000 old size 32 MB
> > Aperture size 4096 MB (APSIZE 0) is not right, using settings from NB
> > Aperture from AGP @ de000000 size 32 MB (APSIZE 0)
> > Node 0: aperture @ de000000 size 32 MB
> > Aperture too small (32 MB) than (64 MB)
> > agpgart: Detected AGP bridge 20
> > Setting up ULi AGP.
> > agpgart: AGP aperture is 32M @ 0xde000000
>
> BTW, what exactly would be the benefit of increasing the aperture size, given
> that I use a PCI Express graphics adapter?
you don't need increase that before you are have less 4G RAM.

if you have more than 4G RAM, you may need to increase that to GART
for iommu. so other devices that support only dma32 could use extra
32M.

YH

  Last update: 2008-04-14 23:39    [W:0.102 / U:0.236 seconds]