SubjectRe: microblaze: Merge window + git
Michal Simek wrote:
> Can you tell me when is open next merge window?

When 2.6.25 is being released.

> and my next question is about GIT.
>
> I have second release at my git server and I have some changes which you
> reported. I would like to collect all changes in the same set of patches.
>
> I mean I have patch with 4 files and I did next changes. I would like to
> integrate these changes to the same patches. Is it possible to do it?
> It is easier to review all changes together.
>
> I think it is no good way to send first release with reported bugs and new diffs.

You can combine several commits into one in a few ways. Of course the
combined commit is an entirely new one (with its own SHA1 etc.). One
possible way:

# you are at <commit0>
$ git cherry-pick --no-commit <commit1> # apply but don't commit yet
$ git cherry-pick --edit <commit2> # apply, edit the changelog, commit

There will now be a <commit3> whose parent is <commit0>. <commit3>
incorporates changes of <commit1> and <commit2>.

Another way:

# you are at <commit0>
$ patch < ~/diff-from-somewhere
$ git commit --amend # replace <commit0> by new amended commit

There will now be a <commit4> instead of <commit0>, with the same
parent(s) which <commit0> had. <commit4> incorporates changes of
<commit0> and the diff.

However, I am no expert on doing these things in git since I only
develop with quilt. I use git only to publish the state of development
and the state for upstream merge.
--
Stefan Richter

  Last update: 2008-04-11 12:55    [W:0.056 / U:0.036 seconds]