SubjectRe: 2.6.25-rc8: FTP transfer errors
David Miller wrote:
> From: Mark Lord <lkml@rtr.ca>
> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:27:14 -0400
>
>> It's *your* bug -- you signed off on the commit.
>
> I sign off on basically every networking commit, does that mean I have
> to fix every networking bug and every networking bug is "mine"?
..

Absolutely, though to a varying degree. That's the responsibility
that goes with the role of a subsystem maintainer. I once had
such a role, and gave it up when I felt I could no longer keep up.

You still keep refering to it as "your (my) bug".
It's not. I had nothing to do with it, other than stumbling over it.

When people stumble over a libata bug, I look hard to see if my code
could possibly cause it. Jeff looks even harder, because he's the
current subsystem dude for libata.

I never suggest a user search through a mountain of unrelated commits
for something I've screwed up on. I give more directed help, patches
to collect more relevant information, and patches to try and resolve it.

The last thing I'd ever do, is diss the reporter.

Regards.

  Last update: 2008-04-11 03:27    [W:0.328 / U:0.216 seconds]