SubjectRe: READDIRPLUS max mount option

> The binary mount format is frozen forever, so the changes to nfs_mount.h
> and nfs4_mount.h are definitely NACKed.

Ah. :-) So is there no way to add mount options, or is there a
different mechanism today?
> Otherwise, it would be nice to know why this absolutely has to be made a
> mount option rather than just having a system-wide option (either a
> module/boot parameter or a sysctl) to control the behaviour of all
> mounts.

I mount multiple remote file systems. Only one of them I own, so I'm
willing to potentially hammer it with huge READDIRPLUS requests, while
the others probably deserve more benign behavior. ;-)

In general, I think having system-wide defaults somewhere in proc is
helpful---and certainly superior to a constant in the source---but there
should really be mount-specific overrides wherever the system-wide
default might not be globally appropriate.

Kyle

  Last update: 2008-03-07 21:11    [W:0.036 / U:0.272 seconds]