    SubjectRe: [RFC, PATCH] fix SEM_UNDO with namespaces
    Manfred Spraul wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > the attached patch should fix the combination of CLONE_NEWIPC with
    > shared sysv undo structures (the common case, just
    > sys_unshare(CLONE_NEWIPC)):
    > lookup_undo() now locates the undo array based on both semid and the
    > namespace pointer.

    If you start using any IPC object and then call unshare with CLONE_NEWIPC,
    then it's your problem, but not the kernel. There are many issues that can
    become broken from the user-level POV.

    What's the problem with undo list? Does it become irrelevant and no undos
    happen after the task dies?

    I agree, that we should probably destroy this one when the task calls
    unshare, but trying to keep this list relevant is useless.

    > Additionally, the patch tries to clean the code up by using the linked
    > list macros from <linux/list.h> instead of single linked lists.

    May I ask you to split the patch into atomic parts, rather than
    mixing fixes, reworks and cleanups together?

    > The patch passes a few quick tests, I'm interested in feedback. Are
    > there test apps for testing the IPC namespace code?

    This code is a part of OpenVZ kernels, so it passes some internal
    tests we perform.

    > --
    > Manfred

    Thanks,
    Pavel

      Last update: 2008-03-31 09:15    [W:5.002 / U:0.396 seconds]